I didn't get many good pictures unfortunately. The lighting was really low (it's a historic inn!) and I was tired when I got home. Maybe I'll have to get more on my dress form.
I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I couldn't get any sleeves to work that I liked so decided to leave it sleeveless in the end. I used leftover silk from my Civil War ball gown and had just enough to eek this out. I based it off the open robe from Janet Arnold but made the bodice separate, so there's a waist join. There are three box pleats that line up with the three back seams so it has the same feel as the JA one. I also had this gorgeous gold trim that I had been waiting to use on something pretty and it was perfect with this! I covered the three back seams and all along the bodice neckline, tabs and sleeves.
I wore my hairpiece in the large curly style of the 1790's and wrapped a turban around it made from an unhemmed strip of chiffon I had lying around. I also added my great-grandmothers jet bead necklace to add some bling to it.
Topping off the accessories were leather gloves and a silk fan I made. Which I will post about soon as this is definitely a project I want to share!
The robe has a train which wasn't great for dancing (or walking in a crowded room) but I really had fun wearing this dress. I don't know when I'll be able to wear it again but I'm very happy with it!