Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Edwardian Inspiration

So, as I'm apparently never able to avoid CADD (costuming ADD), I've started dreaming and planning some of my next projects.

One that's been on my mind a lot lately is an Edwardian Afternoon Ensemble. (Yes, there's more than one on my mind... but that's for another post.)

I have this pretty drapey aqua satin fabric ( can't get away from that color!) that I got for super cheap at Saftlers, I think it was 2 or 3 dollars/yd. Anyway, I have about 2.5 yds, so while not enough for a whole dress perhaps, I can do a skirt with a white blouse perhaps.

Some of my inspiration:



I am in LOVE with this skirt... hope I have enough fabric for it...




I really like this one too.  I have some white striped cotton voile that would look nice for the blouse.








This totally reminds me of Lady Mary's dress from the garden party in Downton Abbey!  I loved that dress!



A simple skirt and shirt pattern.

I also have a vintage hat that might work, or I'll make a big picture hat. I have gloves as well and I may carry my parasol! I may wear this to the Newport mansions, if we do that again this year.

But first things first, I need an Edwardian corset!  I'm planning on using the one from Corsets and Crinolines.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online