I spent last night mocking-up sleeves, which although they took a while, I got them perfect so now I have a pattern I can use for all my 18th c stuff! I also was able to cut the skirt fronts and pleat the sides up tonight. I just need to attach that and sew up the side seams and I'll be close to done. All that will be left is to set the sleeves in! And trimming! And hemming! And a petticoat! :) But it's taking shape. I tried it on over my silk petticoat just to get an idea of how it was looking before I'd added the front panels.
|This just has the back skirt tucked into the |
front to see what it would look like. :)
I tried to match up part of the pattern on the front but because the print isn't symmetrical it doesn't match exactly, but that's ok. I think it looks ok.
Also, I've finally gotten all the packages I've been waiting for! And my wigs came! I'm not too pleased with one, and though the other didn't seem right at first either, it's definitely growing on me. Definite potential. I'll have to play around with it soon and see if I can get it do what I want. For now, here's a little teaser pic. It's the "showgirl" wig from Lacey in blonde. Heh.
|Actually looks pretty 1790's already! :)|
Also, I'm sure most of you know, but this is really exciting. American Duchess has finally finished prototyping 18th century silk shoes for costuming! They went on pre-sale on Friday, and she's already sold 100! Which is what she needed to guarantee they would be made. I'm so excited! I love the shape, and the best thing is they are dyable! I just don't know how I'm going to decide what color I want mine to be... and I only wish I'd have them in time to wear with my Francaise to Costume Con! Oh well, my 80's bridal shoes will have to do for now... :P
ETA: I started writing this earlier this week updated it a couple times and am finally getting around to posting it. So I've actually finished a bit more today on the Francaise. I hemmed the front skirt edges and attached them to the bodice. Tomorrow I'll sew up the side seams and start working on the hem probably. Or the sleeves. Or actually I should do the CF closure... that way I could actually try it on! :P